Re: re-installation snag wrong mouse selected

Thanks to everyone. I was able to resolve this snag I did finally get an
open view of the shell in kde and reconfigured-whew! Debian is great!! I
just sometimes don't have the patience and knowledge to administer it.
(writing down ctrl-alt-F1) I thought I hit every key combination ;)
JY

Quoting Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:35:28AM -0800, J Y wrote:
> > Thanks..yes I know the command to reconfigure the xserver & mouse. I
> > just can't get a terminal window to open. Well I did actually in Gnome
> > but there was a dialogue box in front of the shell and I couldn't see
> > the terminal window. After hobbling about the desktop with an erratic
> > mouse and then just the tab an arrow keys I must have done more damage
> > to the system because now the keyboard doesn't work in debian either. It
> > works fine in SuSe, (where I'm writing this from). I don't believe that
> > one mistake means I need to to do yet another re-install.....oh well.
>
> Stop right there: you shouldn't need to reinstall. Have you tried
> Ctrl-Alt-F1 yet? (The lists are slow so my earlier post saying this
> doesn't seem to have made it; cc'ing you explicitly just in case
> something's stuck.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.x-mail.net Web Based E-Mail, accessible anywhere

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
X-Mail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, 128 bit SSL Secure,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

X-Mail Premium: 20MB Messages, 100MB Storage, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com