Re: MS mail bombs

* Steve Lamb (grey@dmiyu.org) [030920 20:41]:
>     My only wish is that I knew exiscan-acl well enough to figure out if I
> could have a custom script run upon a positive hit.  In doing so have the
> infected IP automatically added to Shorewall's blacklist.  It would also

Don't deny the initial mail straightaway.  Deliver the message to a
special router.  This doesn't really cost extra, since you
already received the message in order to scan it.  Either way, you've
received it, at this point the only difference is a 5xx or 2xx code to
the peer.  You could use the 'warn' verb in your acl to add a special
header marking the message as malware, then use this header to route
the message to your script instead of to its usual destination.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/