Re: logins and logouts hang

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 04:54:56AM +0100, Pigeon wrote:

> You can use a spare disk drive power connector: the red wire on the
> fan to the yellow wire on the connector, black wire on the fan to one
> of the black wires on the connector. If the fan has a third, yellow,
> wire, don't connect that wire.

Thanks, that did it! :)  I plugged in the other fan as an extra exhaust fan
to pick up the psu fan's slack.

> The easiest way to do this is probably to buy a power splitter, cut
> off one of the female connectors and connect to the freed wires using
> screw terminal block ("chocolate strip").

Or, there's the cheap route-- take 2 small pieces of steel wire, make a loop
on one end of each of them, stick the straight ends into the fan connector
and the loop ends into the power connector, then just screw in the fan and
flip the power switch. :)  Guess which route I took? ;)

I'm not going to buy a new psu since this one is still pretty much working--
just not quite as much as it *was*.

If you don't hear anything more in this thread, assume this did the trick. :)

Thanks, all! :)

--
Vikki Roemer        Homepage: http://neuromancer.homelinux.com/
Registered Linux user #280021   http://counter.li.org/

Q: How many Micro$oft programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb?