Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses

Jeronimo Pellegrini said:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 01:16:38PM -0600, Jacob Anawalt wrote:
>> I've already mentioned the web authorization idea and the rotate your
>> email address on some schedule ideas in another thread. I've even seen a
>> web site go so far as to use a .js file function to put together the
>> email
>> address from a bunch of fragments when you click the mailto link. That
>> would take more work to parse, but it is still possible by having an
>> email
>> grabbing webbot that can run javascript.
>
> That would also break for people who use non-Javascript enabled
> browsers.
>
>> Another though I've had on the mailing list issues (besides wondering
>> why
>> I'm trying to make mail act like a news client with threads and looking
>> for a 'watch thread' capable client) is if I had an email address to use
>> on mailing lists that  only accepted email from the list servers I was
>> on
>> and reject all others I should only get the spam that relayed through
>> the
>> list.
>
> Interesting. But managing that would require some energy from you...

If it requires less energy than maintaining my filters, it seems like a
gain to me.

See, when I replied and sent to you and the list you would have only
gotten one email ;)

Sorry about that. I realized after I clicked send that I forgot to replace
your email w/ the list's and drop the CC to the list.

--
Jacob
Trying out SquirrelMail