Re: Id "S" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 09:25  AM, Thomas Krennwallner wrote:

Would you post the content of file /etc/inittab to the list? Seems like
there's a misconfigured line in it.

I see a line which is suspect - it's commented as "Example how to put a getty on a modem line."

S:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS3

I've tried commenting it out, but it keeps uncommenting itself somehow on reboot. My changes won't stick...

Microsoft Windows: Proof that P.T. Barnum was correct.

Steven Schlansker
Tech Support & Programming

Flamin' Ghost Software
http://www.fgsoft.net/