Re: Why such volume with W32/Swen@MM?

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:03:41AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:

> I've just received one with what looks like all the debian-powerpc list
> addresses in the "To" header.  So it does look as though they are
> harvesting the Debian lists.

Mine have had mostly a single To: address.

The virus descriptions I've read says it uses email addresses found on
the infected machine.  What I find odd (suspect? ;) is that so many
Windows machines happen to have so many addresses for people that are
typically non-windows users..  In other words, the places I post consist
of mostly unix/linux users, but it seems like I'm getting mail from a
lot of different Windows users.

To be cynical, a Windows virus would be a good way to attack (with mail
volume) non-windows users.

My wife wants to know *why* people write viruses...

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org