xprint probs

I finally got xprint (xprt-xprintorg + xprt-common) to work, but I
had to hack /etc/init.d/xprint to make it start at all.

It works now, but it prints everything in the Courier font. In
August there was a thread on this list about this very problem,
but the solution suggested (which involved installing a non-Debian
 mozilla in /usr/local) seems less than optimal and I don´t want
to try that.

Before giving up completely I have to ask: is there anyone who has
 xprint running properly? What special options need to be set?

Regards, Jan