strange 8139too problem/question

Hi,

I went through the woody installation. I installed the 2.4.18-bf kernel
and when I got to the part of the install where you select kernel
modules the 8139too (realtek 8139 NIC driver) was not there?!?!

I then exited the installation and reinstalled because I need that
driver. I did my reinstall with the default kernel (2.2.x.*ide or
something) and the 8139too was there.

When I finished the install I used apt-get to install the 2.4.18-bf
kernel.

When I do lsmod the 8139too does not show up yet my NIC works. Is the
8139too module compiled into the 2.4.18-bf kernel? If not, how come my
NIC is working but there is no net drivers when I run lsmod?

Thanks

Paul