Re: Need help with verbose logging

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 12:48:41PM -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
| I have an HTTP installed woody dist at home with exim, squirrelmail,
| apache, apache-ssl, and some other fun stuff.
|
| I ran into some problems with procmail and wanted to check the logs, so I
| searched /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog, but found no email
| entries.  What do I need to change to get more verbose loggings,
| especially for/from email (sending and receiving)?

If you want logging from procmail, read the procmail manual.  I think
you need something like
    LOG=/path/to/some/writable/file
in your .procmailrc but I don't use procmail so I might be wrong.

exim logs in /var/log/exim/*

I don't know about squirrelmail.

You'll have to check the manual for the imap server you are using
behind squirrelmail.

HTH,
-D

--
Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure;
I am clean and without sin"?

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/