Re: Equation system resolver

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:00:21PM -0500, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
   >     "ripley" == ripley  <Nicolas> writes:
   >
   >     ripley> Is there a equation system resolver in debian or linux in
   >     ripley> general?  Basicly, I need to resolv equation systems or
   >     ripley> simplify very long and complicated equations.
   >
   > It's been a very long time since I've looked for stuff like this, but
   > GNU Octave is a Matlab like system that might be what you are looking
   > for.

Octave, R and scilab are good for numerical solutions. If the OP is
interested in symbolic algebra, then these aresome of the things he can
try:

  1. Maxima: GPL'ed s/w. Available in debian main
  2. Yacas: ibid.
  3. MuPAD: Free for personal use; binary only. Available at
            http://www.mupad.de or http://www.sciface.com

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

A kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo, eventually.