Re: kernel compile error

> I had this, but no Modules (like I siad before). I tried to Compile
> 2.4.22 from kernel.org and get now the same Errors.
> It's confusing, I remove the directory, decompress it again, do an
> make oldconfig && make dep && make and get the same Error on another
> file. The Error is sometimes here and sometimes anywhere. Now I try
> to do a module an all that I don't really need to be compiled in.
> Seems that we have to try until it works, because noone seems to care
> on this Thread or Problem. You and I not counted :-).

As far as I can remember, I couldn't run the 2.4.20 kernel image on that
computer. It hangs somewhere at disk checking (not fs, before that).
Same with the Knoppix CD, which also uses that kernel.

This is an old computer where I have a 120 and 60 GB disk in. If I enter
the bios setup and I go to the disk page, the bios cannot recognize the
disk and hangs. Nevertheless the woody CD could be started and
installed.

So maybe it has something to do with the bios setup.

I have to check the exact error messages. Maybe someone else on this
list gets an idea what could be wrong. The problem is, that this
computer is not local. So, I have to get there to do this. I should do
this soon.

How old is your computer? Similar situation?

Florian.