OOo's UI font

Hi,

Have you had any success in setting the UI font for OpenOffice? The
documentation says that it can be done by defining "font replacement"
and replacing "Andale Sans UI" with something else. For me, it doesn't
work (hey, I have typed it down and checked the check-box so that OOo
would use the font replacement).

I think it is pretty strange that OOo displays the user interface's font
jaggedly but the text's fonts smoothly (antialiased).

BTW, does the UI get the font from the X font server? (I use one, but I
also used spadmin to have the fonts be known by OOo.)

Thanks in advance,
Oki
ps: it's 1.1 rc1, if I'm not mistaken.