Re: print HTML in "B" size

* Derrick 'dman' Hudson (dman@dman13.dyndns.org) [030917 12:31]:
> I want to print a certain web page[1], which includes color and
> images, on "B" size paper (aka "Ledger", 11"x17").  My printer can
> handle 11x17 just fine, but I don't know how to convert the HTML to PS
> for the printer.  Neither galeon nor mozilla allow choosing that paper
> size, nor do they let me choose an arbitrary size.
>
> What tool(s) will fit the bill here?

What print command are you using in mozilla?  How about specifying an
argument to that?  Not sure if it would work, since mozilla also has a
paper size option, which may or may not override your intentions.

I also just pulled up about:config and found a few options which may be
of interest:

print.print.printer_PostScript/default.print_paper_width
print.print.printer_PostScript/default.print_paper_height
print.print.printer_PostScript/default.print_paper_name

scrolling down a bit further, I found the default paper sizes under
print.tmp.printerfeatures.Postscript/default.paper .  So you
could add an entry for tabloid by adding a new name, width, height, etc.
and incrementing the "count" option.

good times,
Vineet
--