Kernel reboots on startup

I just installed kernel 2.4.18 from source, and whenever I try to boot the new kernel, it reboots. LILO shows up fine, and it says Loading linux............ As soon as it finishes that, the machine reboots. I can't see any error messages printed, the screen clears too fast. I, however, can boot LinuxOLD to get the old kernel back. How can I debug this kind of problem?

(Please CC any replies to me, as I'm not subscribed to the list)

Thanks!

Microsoft Windows: Proof that P.T. Barnum was correct.

Steven Schlansker
Tech Support & Programming

Flamin' Ghost Software
http://www.fgsoft.net/