Re: LDAP Newbie HELP!!! Ldap + MS Outlook / Express

>::Please could someone help ..
 >::I'm batteling to grasp how ldap works and it's config.
 >::
 >::And don't have time to reread the how to's.
 >::
 >::Outlook express gives the following error.
 >::"The specified Directory server could not be reached.
 >:: The service may be temporarily unavalible or the name may be
incorrect."
 >::
 >::Slapd is running and as far as i can tell is listening on the default
port??
 >::
 >::Has anyone got a how-to that will work out the box for MS Outlook , so
 >::have some where to start that I know works ..
 >::
 >::Many Thanks In advance
 >::Gregory Machin
 >::

Copy this code into a .vbs file and edit it to use your domain's name and
see if it works. If it doesn't you've got a setup problem with your LDAP
server.

'CODE SEG START
'edit the variables below to reflect your domain,username and password

MyUser = "domainname\username"
MyPassword = "password"

'same here just with your server and domainname

objectPath = "LDAP://SERVERNAME/DC=DOMAINNAME"

'the 2 lines below can stay the same
set adsi = getObject("LDAP:")
set domain = adsi.OpenDSObject(objectPath, MyUser, MyPassword,&H1)

'if you want to connect to a specific user just uncomment and edit the code
below
'set user = GetObject("LDAP://CN=USERNAME, OU=GROUPNAME,DC=DOMAINNAME")
'CODE SEG END

I don't know if you're a developer, but if you can configure LDAP I'm sure
you can edit this test code ;-).

btw. Why do you want Outlook to connect to LDAP ? For an addressbook or
something ?

Willem Smit
SL IT
9471637
0724872442

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and
Sanlam accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender specifically
states them to be those of Sanlam.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is dié
van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dié van
Sanlam is.