Re: libc broken?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 03:14:57PM -0300, Raul Montagne wrote:
> and upgrading "some" libraries, one of the libraries was libc6...
> and was not completely upgraded....it might be broken giving as a result
> an useless linux installation....isn't it?
> In fact, the booting process just freezes!

Happened to me yesterday. I installed w3m, then apt-get updated libdl,
libncurses5, and libc6. But, in my case, the machine could be booted,
but bash wouldn't run. In the end, I couldn't get into the shell.

Makes me wonder why is that so important lib (libc) which was broken got
uploaded into the distribution machines. Maybe, this is just a maybe,
people have been so comfy with unstable and started to think that
unstable is as stable as a rock. And the package maintainers don't quite
like it to be so.

Oki