Re: adding a directory to apt source

On Sunday 14 September 2003 07:36 pm, Skippi wrote:
> Greetings.  I am trying to add a directory to the list of sources for
> APT to use for installing deb packages.
>
> The dirctory is
> /home/skippi/0data/backup/debian30/debian
>
> I have been using the APT HOWTO.
> In section 2.2 it tells me to use dpkg-scanpackages to create a
> Packages.gz file. I did that and it worked fine, but when I try to
> add the directory to my sources.list it will not work.  It tells me
> there is an error in line 10 (the line I'm adding).
>
> I am adding
>
> deb file:/home/skippi/0data/backup/debian30/debian
>
> Evidently either this is wrong, or I am missing a step.  Can anyone
> enlighten me?
>
> thanks
> Skippi
>
> -----+++++-----
>
>    On The Fly Photography
>      http://204EastSouth.com

I've been reading and trying the same procedure. I noticed that in the
example given (deb file:/root debs/) there is no forward slash between
root and debs. I strongly suspect that that is not a typo but cannot
figure out why the / is missing (according to my mind).
Hoping someone can clarify the proper syntax.
I know this didn't help you skippi but we need to look for the correct
syntax.
Jerry