RE: Where is the file /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ?

Hey All,
I had this same issue when it came to compiling a couple of drivers.

Modversions.h is a file that is created when you run make menuconfig or
oldconfig.

If you're running a standard woody revision, or a more recent thing you'll
need the kernel headers.. that's where modversions.h is found.

so,
apt-get install kernel-headers-kernel#revision.. etc.

If you're running the most up to date kernel, then you'll have to recompile
the kernel (as debian doesn't have the latest headers hanging around, and if
you do it the debian way (which I recommend) you'll have to make the debian
package as follows:

make-kpkg --revision kernel-image kernel-headers

In fact, you can just make the kernel-headers and then do dpkg -i
kernel-headers.deb

That will take care of it...

If you're ever compiling things, it's always good to have those headers
present for certain operations that may required.

let me know how it goes.

Paul Matuszewski
Systems Administration
In Office Networks