all those DHCP packages

I'm confused by the large number of available DHCP client packages.
There's dhcp-client, dhcp3-client, dhcpcd, udhcpc, and pump.

Right now I'm using pump, but it's not very well documented and not as
flexible as I'd like.  Before I start down the road of installing and
configuring a different client, I'd like to be reasonably sure that it
will work without a huge investment of time.

I guess I thought a DHCP client was pretty simple.  But then why are
there 5 different ones?  Do they have many different features?  Are any
especially easy or hard to configure?

If anyone knows any strong reasons to prefer or not to use any of these
clients, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,
Andrew.