sata support in installer

Hello, I'm researching sata support. Thinking about buying a new system and going all SATA. The only docs I've seen on SATA support are in new (2.4.21 and 2.6.0) kernels. Additionally, the links I've seen seem to indicate that people are installing debian on an EIDE drive, then upgrading the kernel, then using their SATA devices (see http://www.e-aiyama.com/~toshi/Computer/Linux/SATA.html).

Is the simplest solution for this to use a live cd like http://www.e-aiyama.com/~toshi/Computer/Linux/LiveCD.html? Are there debian installers that support SATA? Anyone have any advice/recomendations on brands of motherboards (asus prefered, but not required)?

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc