Re: security update broke X

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 03:36, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:
>
> > I have made the security update on a woody box. Now my X seams broken:
> > On the top of the screen there's a region showing garbage and the mouse
> > can be moved, but the mouse keys do not work.
>
> After a reboot evrything works again.  Strange!
> This is Linux, not 'another' OS ;-)
>
> BTW: I had *no* X running during the update.

No but the shared object/libraries were the old ones in memory. There
are ways to get those out of memory easily... but for most people a
reboot DOES IT even easier.

Hope this helps.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

In hunger you most certainly drool your tongue like a well-oiled
pendulum, swinging to and fro in a sinusoidal frieze befitting a wounded
mosque.