Road Runner dialup problem using pppconfig

I am trying to dial into RoadRunner dialup service.
They unfortunately only support Windows and won't help me with Linux.
My Thinkpad WinModem is working fine and I have tested it
by dialing up to other dialup ISP accounts.

RR might be doing some proprietary things now that they
have been assimilated into the TimeWarner/AOL Mega Corp.

By looking into how it works on Windows, I see that CHAP
is being used for authentication.  I also see that this
script (pasted below) is used in the "Interactive Login and Scripting"
section of the Windows RR Dialup setting.

I am wondering if anyone can help me use this script in
any way so I can connect with my Thinkpad using Debian Testing.
I am using pppconfig with the pon and poff commands.
It looks like RR uses several different providers for nationwide
dialup access.

Syslog tells me this:
pppd[9271]: rcvd [CHAP Failure id=0x2 ""]
pppd[9271]: CHAP authentication failed
pppd[9271]: sent [LCP TermReq id=0x2 "Failed to authenticate ourselves to peer"]

How can I incorporate this script below using pppconfig?

Thanks,
Andy
ps.  I am not a programmer in any way but can do simple bash scripts.

---------------BEGIN THE RR SCRIPT--------------------------
;
; This is a script file that demonstrates how
; to establish a PPP connection to Road Runner Dial Access network
; DO NOT edit this script yourself
; Version 1.1.2
; February 8, 2002 - NT
;