Re: Cake Walk replacement

On September 11, 2003 11:34 am, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> I have a friend that want to ditch windos, worm/virus/daily reboot
> routine.
>
> He's a musician, and relies heavily on Cake Walk. I need to find him a
> replacement so I can get him, his wife, and daughter switched over to
> the debian way.

Rosegarden 4 is the closest you are going to find to Cake Walk. If your friend
usually uses Calk Walk in step mode to enter scores Noteedit would be worth
looking into (its what I primarily use).  You will have to be running
unstable to use Rosegarden 4. If your friend is a serious musician the
current linux offerings are not quite up to what he is used to in Windows,
dual booting might be a better option for the time being.

RJP