Re: Debian sunk by Windows format and install.

Dominique Dumont wrote:

William Bradley <bradleyw@magma.ca> writes:

Got virus attacked on the Windows section of a dual boot machine that runs Debian (latest Woody) and Windows 98. Windows got into such a state between the virus and me messing with it that I ended up reformatting the C: drive and reinstalling Windows. In so doing, access to Debian has been cut off and the unit boots straight into Windows. Is there a way that I can get back to dual booting that machine. I'd hate to have to reinstall Debian and go through getting KDE 3.0 again.

See Linux+Windows-HOWTO section 2.1.8

Cheers

You can install LILO from your Woody boot disk. LILO will detect your FAT and NTFS partitions.

--
ian