Mozilla Gecko component stops accepting keyboard input

Ok, this problem has been driving me insane for the past few weeks or so
and I'm turning to you guys to see if I can get any help.

The problem that I'm getting is that Mozilla browser components (Gecko
in Galeon, Mozilla itself, and Firebird) freeze up whenever I use the
keyboard to do anything. Specifically, in Galeon, I'll visit google and
begin typing something in the search box there and then the app freezes.
The same thing happens if I'm trying to scroll down a page with my arrow
keys; as soon as I hit down, Galeon freezes. I can input text into the
addressbar fine (probably because that component is independant of
mozilla), but when I type something in a textbox or some form, freezes.

Mouse inputs are fine, I can click away at whatever i like, drag the
scrollbar, browse links, use dropdown menus. Not a problem there. Once I
use the keyboard though, I get a lockup.

There have been a few things to fix it, but they've been temporary
fixes.

1. There's a mozilla upgrade ready in unstable, I upgrade, and then
everything works peachy for me until I reboot, no freezing.
2. I wait for about 3 minutes after the lockup and then I can type to my
heart's extent without lockups until I close the browser.

I don't think it's a problem with my keyboard, because everything else I
use works fine without problems (at least not keyboard related). I'm
absolutely stumped though, and rather frustrated.

By the way, I run Debian sid/unstable on a Dell Latitude CSx.

Thanks for any info or ideas you guys may have on the subject.

- Daniel Gallo