Re: rsh-server

* Victory (victorytran@hotmail.com) [030908 14:03]:
> I know that BUT one of the Old install program using rsh-server
> and the programmer refused to change it. Sorry
>
> BTW . I put entry in to /etc/host.allow ALL: ALL: ALLOW
> but when i try "rlogin temp1 -l root"  it still won't let me in.
> OR "rsh temp1 uname -a" it came back with Permission denied.

ssh is a drop-in replacement for rsh.  Install ssh on the client
machine, make sure it doesn't have rsh, and you'll be good to go.  rsh
will be a symlink to ssh via the alternatives system.  If the client is
not a debian machine, install ssh there and set up a symlink manually.

BTW, common etiquette (and indeed Debian mailing list policy) dictates
that replies should be sent to the list, and that CCs to individuals
should be sent only if explicitly requested.  I noticed in your last
message that you had CCed the other people participating in this thread,
and wanted to point out to you that you probably shouldn't be doing
this; some people consider it rude.

good times,
Vineet
--