Re: Can't access a site from Masqueraded host

On Monday 08 September 2003 21:08, Donald Spoon wrote:
> If you are able to connect to other sites from the internal network, and
> only have problems with this site (or maybe just a few others), I would
> suspect ECN is set on your NAT box.  Check /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
> and see if it is set to something other than 0 (zero).

The ECN setting on the NAT box is not a problem, just try disabling it on the
machine you're connecting from.

> [...] I "think" you can change it on the fly by echoing
> a zero to this file... but I am not sure.

Correct. Something like
echo 0 >/proc/sys/ipv4/tcp_ecn
should do the trick. Don't forget the space after the 0 (otherwise bash will
redirect stream 0 to the destination, which is not what you want ;-) ).

--
Got Backup?