Re: Need suggestions for m/bd & processor

At Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:23:14 -0500 (CDT),
Dennis G. Wicks wrote:

> I need to build a few linux machines and would appreciate
> some recommendations for motherboards & processors. Just in
> case one size does not fit all, here is what I will be
> building:
>
> - Desktop; word processing, graphics, wine, surfing, email.

Anything made within the last year or so should be good enough.
I swear by my ECS Duron-based motherboards (800Mhz & 1300MHz).
They're enough to record TV shows, watch videos, create OGG
files, surf the web, and yes email (I don't use Evolution ;-).

> - Mini server; router, firewall, lan DNS, print server.
>
> - Server; file server, web server, database.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

I am just a plain deskotp user.  That's as much authority I'm
willing to risk.