Re: Wheel mouse with mutt

Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> [2003:09:05:18:26:05-0700] scribed:
> Trying to get the mouse wheel to work in the Mutt pager or index
> screens.
>
> I found a few google hits on the subject but I can't make it work.
>

> .Xdefaults:
>
>    mutt.vt100.translations:  #override \n\
>             None<Btn4Down>:  string(<<) \n\
>             None<Btn5Down>:  string(>>) \n
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> My > and < keys do work in Mutt's index but not in pager.

Actually, what I found was that ~/.Xdefaults has been deprecated for
quite some years.  Currently, ~/.Xresources is supported for user
customizations.

Beyond that, I continue to be stymied!

When I logout of X, in my case kde, and logon again, the scroll wheel
does work.  After some intermittent time, usually the scroll behaviour
_changes_ to scrolling the entire terminal window, rather than just the
mail message, as is desired and is the initial behaviour.

Then, sadder still, after some more intermittent time, the scroll
behaviour *stops* entirely.

I have not found any solution, nor further troubleshooting suggestions.
Should you find a solution to this problem, please, post it for
posterity . . .

--
Best Regards,

mds