Re: Which release

On Sam, 2003-09-06 at 05:02, Russell Shaw wrote:

> If you use a lighter wm such as icewm, then there's no problem at all
> with testing. I'd recommend that because there's less changing and less
> chance of system breaks as with unstable. You can install single packages
> from unstable easily too.

No. Testing has _no_ security fixes. Stable has them, and in unstable
you mostly get a fix in very quickly. In testing, you may have to wait
for weeks until a crucial security fix trickles down from unstable,
there are _no_ emergency procedures.
Sure you can pull them in from unstable when you have both testing and
unstable lines in sources.list, but it's still a hassle