Can't umount SD card (famd)

 I can't umount a SD card from my drive, famd uses it.
 I don't really know what is this famd, I d'ont really understand its goal
in the man page, and uninstalling it would be a bit harsh. "Sync" does
not help. I haven't found anything useful on Google.
 I had the same problem with a CD-ROM once.

choupi:~# umount /mnt/carte/
umount : /mnt/carte : périphérique occupé
choupi:~# lsof /mnt/carte/
COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE  SIZE NODE NAME
famd    15930 root  178r   DIR    8,1 16384    1 /mnt/carte/

 Thanks for any help (and explanations) !

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837

>I've never done what you are looking at, but it doesn't
> seem like it should be that difficult.
 You have a very promising career in technical management.
-- dillon_rinker, Slashdot, 08/01/2002