MPPE Encryption (or getting there)

All,

Recently I installed the pptpd server. (As some of you know already...)

I followed the howto's and installation guide's and followed the instructions received from everyone here. Just one more thing remains:

I have no encryption! I installed debian with bf24 (2.4.x) kernel Woody version.

PPTPD 1.1.4 and installed the kernel-patch-mppe, although some sites told me about "compiling" the kernel, but I don't know how...

I did add all the modules to modules.conf but as I said, i never compiled anything here, so I don't know if the mppe module loaded....

How do I go about getting the mppe encryption to work?

Thnx,
Mark