Re: CUPS: cleanning up

Hi,

Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> a few minutes ago, I realized that my `/var/spool/cups' directory
> was full of former `jobs': `du -sh' gave `178M'.
>
> Is there a way to clean periodicaly  this directory ?

In order to limit the disk resources used by CUPS, you can edit
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf and change the various variables:

PreserveJobFiles
AutoPurgeJobs
MaxJobs

etc. to suit your needs (e.g. I have set MaxJobs do 50, instead of the
default 500). Their meaning is explained in the file.

Hope this helps,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.