More than one /etc/apt/sources.list possible?

Yo,

I would like my system to inform me whenever there are
security related updates available. Setting up

apt-get update --source /etc/apt/sources.list.security

as a daily cron job was my initial thought. Unfortunately,
specifying an alternative source list does not seem to be
an option to apt-get.

I guess I could have two different sources.lists and have
the sources.list created as a sym link that is moved before
and after the cron job is run. This, however, does not sound
as an appealing solution to me.

Anyone got a better solution?

Best Regards
Paal
--
Pål Dahle                                     Norwegian Computing Center
Research Scientist                            Gaustadalléen 23