RE: CMI9738 in kernel 2.6

Thus spake Pigeon:

>Don't you mean CMI8738? Or am I being ignorant?

>The CMI8738 support in 2.6 seems to be light years ahead of what's in
>2.4. Unfortunately I can't run it because ini9100u is borked so I
>wouldn't be able to accesss my hard drives... :-(

This thing is actually CMI9738 sound chip on SiS650/961 board
supporting PIV. That is what documentation says.

I managed to get it going using OSS i8x0 driver. Aparently, this is (or was) very alpha in 2.4.18.

Aparently, there is a better solution with ALSA for this chip. I tried compliling this with 2.4.18, and it did not quite work.

I guess I can try 2.6 kernel if it's light years more advanced as you said and ALSA is now part of the kernel...

Davor