..trundling OT; Traction (was Re: OT: Debian Mailinglist server slow?)

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:14:25 +0100,
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030903191425.GL4369@pigeon.pigeonloft>:

..ok, we have OT, Wildly OT, Locomotive Transmittions, Traction, which
are the next up; Trundling OT, Freight trains on the loco move, Runaway
tunnel pluggers and Plug blower?  ;-)

> The London Underground used to maintain their own completely
> independent power stations until not all that long ago. Nowadays they
> take power from the national grid, using a large number of small
> substations supplying fairly short sections of line. The substations
> appear to have a fairly high impedance, and the voltage on the rails
> can vary over a range of nearly 2:1 as a result, while the effect on
> the main grid is reduced. Be funny if all the PCs in the City blew up
> when a tube train went past...

..an invitation?  I'll pass.  ;-)
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12759012,00.html

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: