Re: Sid CD fails as apt source

I'm trying to use a sid iso image as a apt source. I've successfully mounted it and added a file entry to sources.list as:

deb file:/mnt/iso/debian sid main

The correct way to add an Official Debian CD to the apt sources.list file is to use the command:

apt-cdrom add

You should run this command as root. This will prompt you to put in a cdrom, do not mount the cdrom yourself as the apt-cdrom does all this for you. You should end up with a sources.list entry that starts with:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux .....

You may find that some or all of the existing entries are commented out by apt-cdrom. If you are concerned, you should make a backup copy of sources.list.

Johnny.