proftp or wu-ftp?

I need to set up an ftp server. I've looked at wu-ftp and a little at proftp. I'm wondering what people find to be the better, and easiest to set up.

Actually, I'm having trouble setting either up. But let me tell you what I want to do.

Right now I need to set up an ftp site that authenticated users can only access in order to download files. Authentication in our network is provided by LDAP w/PAM. I see that proftp has an LDAP package, which I have installed right now. So, it seems at first the better. Ultimately, we may be setting up additional Virtual hosts.

Basically, that's it.

Curtis