Libranet-2.7-classic -> Pure Debian/sid kde broken

Ok, I ventured out in a new direction. My (nongeek) wife got tired of the
whole windows/virus/worm thing and asked me to put Linux on her machine. I
figured she would need a more "refined" user experience than I (who
prefers the heavy eye-candy of Enlightenment), so I went with KDE. A friend
of mine suggested I try Libranet, assuring me that I could go to straight
Debian after install, and raving about how nice the installer was (which I
agree with...Its a very nice installer).

So I got Libranet installed, copied /etc/apt/sources.list from one of my
sid boxes, apt-get updated and dist-upgraded to sid. So far so good.

The problem I'm having is that now when I log into this box, kde isn't
available. I did a dpkg -l grepping for kde, and had to install the
packages (which were in varying states of uninstalled) manually. Currently
I have the following packages installed but it still won't start kde (or
or even offer it in the gdm2 menu.

[proxima /home/storm]# dpkg -l | grep kde
ii  kdeartwork-mis 3.1.3-1        various multimedia goodies released with
KDE
rc  kdeartwork-scr 3.0.3-1        screen savers released with KDE
ii  kdeartwork-the 3.1.3-1        Dummy upgrade package for official KDE
deskt
ii  kdeartwork-the 3.1.3-1        icon themes released with KDE
ii  kdebase-bin    3.1.3-1        KDE Base (binaries)
ii  kdebase-data   3.1.3-1        KDE Base (shared data)
rc  kdebugdialog   3.0.3-1        KDE Debug Settings
ii  kdeedu-data    3.1.2-1        shared data for KDE educational
applications
ii  kdelibs-bin    3.1.3-1        KDE core binaries
ii  kdelibs-data   3.1.3-1        KDE core shared data
ii  kdelibs4       3.1.3-1        KDE core libraries
ii  kdepasswd      3.1.3-1        KDE password changer
ii  kdeprint       3.1.3-1        KDE Print
ii  kdesktop       3.1.3-1        KDE Desktop
ii  kdewallpapers  3.1.3-1        wallpapers released with KDE
ii  libkdenetwork2 3.1.3-1        KDE Network (common libraries)

What am I missing here?

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |