Re: Why ROOT all in uppercase

jserrachinha <jserrachinha@camilopinto.pt> writes:

> if i login with ROOT (UPPERCASE in ttyx)
> and password, the chars are all in uppercase.
> Is this a feature!?

Yes.  I don't remember what exactly it's intended to correct against,
but I can try to log in as DMAZE (with the normal
mixed-case-and-symbols password) and get an all-uppercase display.
Color ls doesn't seem to work here (directory names show up in
black-on-black, not blue-on-black).  Running 'reset' brings the world
back to normal.

	-- Abra Mitchell