Re: remove Debian

A 15:47 02/09/03 -0400, vous avez écrit :
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 12:33:36PM -0700, Yu Sun wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> Maybe this question is easy. However I cannot find answers from
> manuals.
>
> I have installed Debain with Windows 98 on my notebook. Now I want to
> remove Debian, make this notebook dedicated to Windows. How should I
> do it?

This is easy. You can do it from either Windows or Debian.

In windows simply run fdisk, delete your linux partitions and replace
them with Windows partitions (fat32 I guess). Then reboot.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com

if a boot loader is used to boot win98 and debian (lilo), then, removing the deb partition will remove the lilo.conf and all the lilo stuff. I think that the HD won't be bootable after that. Is it wrong ?

Cordialement, Frédéric Aliotti.