Re: Apache/DSL Modem/Port Forwarding

eric writes:

> > If so, then you may be experiencing a problem related to your DSL
> > modem.
>
> welcome any softer soln so I can save a little money to rent static
> ip.  actiontec tech support told me port 80 be used by that
> dsl/router

You mentioned Port Forwarding in your original email so if your DSL
modem is capable of doing that then it may work.

Keep in mind, however, that the reverse action from your side of the
modem may not be what others see; it may be working but you can't see
it. After you set up port forwarding on your DSL modem then you may
want to ask a friend or someone with a different net IP address to try
and report what he or she sees.

Elizabeth