CMI9738 in kernel 2.6

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed availability of support for
CMI9738 sound chip in the new kernel. I just wanted to find out before I
download anything.

Once upon a time a patch was available that would run this chip. I can run
the chip using i8x0 sound driver using OSS, but I was wondering if a better
option is now available. I heard ALSA might provide a better support.

Q3A unfortunately freezes with OSS i8x0 driver with 2.4.21 and CMI9738 on
my mobo.

Has CMI9738 made it into 2.6 yet?

Any thoughts or observations?

Happy hacking,