RE: simple backup script

RAID only provides resilience against hardware failures, it does not protect
anyone from user errors or mishaps which occurred yesterday, or last week,
or last month.

Fault tollerance and data backups are not the same thing, they are just
different components of a data protection policy.

My advice would be (as a minumum) to take a full backup on Monday night and
incrementals or differentials all other nights.  Like I say, as a minumim.

Matt