Re: gcc version?

> > Hi!
> > I'm about to install nvidia-drivers and need to use gcc-2.95 since my
> > kernel in built with that. I checked an I have gcc-2.95 installed but
> > gcc-3.3.2 is default, how do I get my system to use 2.95?
> > I also had problems with AfterStep2's installscript and gcc-3.3.2.
> You can use this command (as root) to change your default gcc:
> ln -sf /usr/bin/gcc-version /usr/bin/gcc

better is to select the compiler right before compiling by setting the CC var

export/setenv CC=gcc-2.95
(select one, export or setenv, depending on your distro)

or turn off the gcc version checking, that way you can compile it with
a different compiler than the kernel was compiled with, done that once and
didn't have any problems

export/setenv IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1
(select one, export or setenv, depending on your distro)

and then use either the installer or unpack the files and compile manualy
ie.
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run --extract-only
cd NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2/usr/src/nv
make
make install (as root)

--
with regards