Re: Help with virtual redirect for apache, apache-ssl, squirrelmail

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 05:17 PM, <scott@ehrlichtronics.com> wrote:

I apt-getted apache, apache-ssl, and squirrelmail, all working fine for my
domain.
I now need help setting up a virtual redirect so users going to
http://mail.ehrlichtronics.com will be redirected to
https://mail.ehrlichtronics.com/squirrelmail
What do I need to change in apache.conf of squirrelmail and/or
apache[-ssl] to allow this to work?
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure of the details of your configuration, But I've found using virtual hosts to be pretty straight forward. I'm set up so that "webmail" and "www" are the same machine and have had no problems. Check out "Section 3: Virtual Hosts" in your apache config file.

installation specific details shown below include:
domain:  dogstar-interactive.com
ip-address: 64.205.252.227
mailhost: webmail
squirrel mail directory: /usr/share/squirrelmail

1. load mod_dir enabled for directory indices and libphp4 for squirrelmail
LoadModule dir_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_dir.so
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

2.  enable virtual hosting.
NameVirtualHost 64.205.252.227

3. set up a virtual host for squirrelmail (interpret index.php as directory)
<VirtualHost 64.205.252.227>
  ServerAdmin rich@dogstar-interactive.com
  DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail/
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache/webmail.dogstar-interactive.com-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache/webmail.dogstar-interactive.com-access.log common
  ServerName webmail.dogstar-interactive.com
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>