Re: killing xsane

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 11:25:07PM -0400, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
> And it won't go away.  ps ax sees it - kill 'pid' doesn't get rid of
> it.  'killall xsane' won't get rid of it.

You COULD as a last resort send it the "unconditional kill" signal.

However, if you kill "xsane" it will try to neatly shut down the
scan-device. This takes (in some cases, on my scanner) over half
a minute. IMHO, that's preferable to killing the scanning prgram
forcibly.  (It's waiting for the scanner to complete somthing, and
the scanner wont do anything else unless it's finished doing that...)

			Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**** "Linux is like a wigwam -  no windows, no gates, apache inside!" ****