Re: spamassassin

Steve Lamb wrote:
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:37:11 -0400
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:

I don't know if you caught this or not, but spamassassin in -unstable has been "fixed" to address the problem of osirusoft being offline.

If you had configured your spamassassin with the '--local' option, you can remove it after you upgrade.

    Never understood why people did --local in the first place.  They could
always just set the Osirus rules to 0 in either the global conf if they have
access to it or their local conf if they do not.  No need to throw out checks
like DNS, Pyzor, Razor, MAPS and others just because of Osirus.

why?
braindead simple, validation process takes about 1 second.
really easy and simple to reinstate.

This is what I did and the difference was not significant in the amount of spam that I received. It's nice to be able to fix three servers over a cup of coffee before you go to your real job.

--
According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.