Re: PHP CLI and Mysql

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 10:29:31AM -0400, debian@allinterior.com wrote:
> I've been trying to get PHP CLI working with Mysql with no luck.  After
> much research I found out that php -m will list the loaded modules...
> but mysql is not one of them (however mysql works fine with apache
> modphp).
>
> How do I go about getting this from Debian?  I've tried "apt-get install
> php4" with no luck.  Do I need to compile Mysql support in this version
> of PHP?  If so, then where do I get the debian sources?

I think apt-get install php4-mysql should work.

> Also, I seem to be confused about how php-cgi, mod-php, and php-cli
> exist on the same machine if there is only 1 php binary.  If I compile
> php, does this affect mod-php and php-cgi?

I think there are only two kinds of php in debian. One is mod-php which
is a module for the apache webserver and the other is php-cgi which is a
normal executable which can be used for scripts (whether cgi or
otherwise).

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>