From: "Brendan Smith" <smithb1@gte.net>
To: <mkamp@gmx.de>, <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: RE: Any project for turning linux into a hd video recorder?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:06:15 -0700

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/04/2125257&mode=thread&;
tid=129

-----Original Message-----
From: Mariano Kamp [mailto:mkamp@gmx.de]
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 9:47 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Hi,

  I remember stumbling over an article some time ago. It was on, I
believe,
slashdot referring to an assembly project with the goal of turning a
linux
box with a tv card into some sophisticated vcr, with electronic programm

guide and also the ability to stream videos and to record from the tv
program.

  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find this article again and
google
didn't spit out anything I found useful (maybe the wrong keywords).

  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mariano